1. Once you have selected a fruit or vegetable for seed saving — scrape, cut, or slice seeds from flesh.
2. Place on the linen square we have provided or any absorbent surface.
3. Dry in a cool place.
4. When dried add to the envelopes we have supplied or your own.
1. The envelopes we can send you are stamped:
You can add or create taxonomy, as you wish.
2. If you are interested in visual documentation, you can photograph the fruit or vegetable, the seeds and/or the final dish you prepared.
To Record Your Seeds:
1. You can add your information as a comment to this blog.
2. You can become an author and post to this blog.
3. You can email us your information and we will post it to this blog.
Get your seed collecting packet:
Comment on this blog and we will send you a seed saving packet which includes:
Stamped envelopes, small fabric squares that fit directly the envelopes and tuck easily in small spaces for drying, and return envelopes.
To contribute seeds to be distributed or planted:
1. If you at or near the School of the Art Institute, you can drop them off at Amber’s mail box outside of Room 150 in the Columbus Building
2. You can mail them to us. For a mailing address contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for seed saving.